Thinking about joining our team?
The role of a Lettings Negotiator involves the promotion of properties to let and the management of the letting process, focusing on building a positive working relationship with potential tenants and ensuring a smooth transition.
In practical terms the successful applicant will develop close contact with those wishing to rent a property and landlords who are seeking tenants. This will mean meeting in person with clients and speaking to them via the telephone, email etc. Lettings Negotiator jobs typically involve dealing with incoming calls from existing clients and interested parties as well as keeping landlords and potential tenants informed and up to date by making outbound calls.
A Lettings Negotiators job is to arrange and conduct appointments in which potential tenants will be able to view properties with the aim of proceeding with one of them. You may be required to transport applicants to the property for viewings so a car would be required for this purpose. These viewings allow you to gauge the needs of the potential tenant but they also allow you, as the Lettings Negotiator, to receive and report valuable feedback that can help the owner of the property to better adapt their property to suit potential tenants.
Lettings Negotiator jobs have a strong focus on sales, but at the same time, the successful applicant should have a well-rounded approach that focuses on customer service and building a good rapport with both the client and potential client. Our aim is to create happy tenants and rewarded landlords. Our involvement with our clients lasts for a long time, so short term tactics which “get the sale” are not always the most rewarding long term. The Lettings Negotiator must have a strong sense of honesty and integrity in order to build and maintain good relationships.
At Victoria Knight, all of our Lettings Negotiators earn an uncapped performance-related salary. There is no minimum qualifying level for commission. Commission itself is generous and backed up by excellent incentive schemes and bonuses.
Lettings negotiator jobs involve but are not limited to the following tasks:
• Promoting properties.
• Meeting with potential tenants, working out what their exact needs and requirements are and building rapport.
• Arranging and overseeing viewings of properties for potential tenants.
• Meeting with landlords and other parties involved in the rental.
• Answering queries from clients and potential clients via email, telephone or in person.
• Negotiating between property owners and potential tenants to find a mutually beneficial agreement.
• Explaining the tenancy agreement and arranging signing of agreement.
• Organising the payment of money due.
• Troubleshooting when problems arise.
• Keeping administrative systems up to date.
• Adhering to the relevant guidelines set by law at all times.
• Meeting sales targets set by Victoria Knight.
Both of our office locations have opportunities for the right applicants.
There is no stated formal qualification, but the successful applicant should be willing to attend regular courses and undertake training when required. Victoria Knight has an excellent training program and Lettings Negotiators will have the opportunity to learn as they work.
The following skills are essential for the successful candidate;
• Strong literacy and numeracy skills
• IT skills
• A friendly, approachable attitude
• The ability to build rapport with clients
• Great communication skills
• A customer service orientated approach
• The ability to solve problems and find creative solutions
• Honesty and Integrity
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills
• A positive, motivated approach to work
• The ability to manage well under pressure
• Full driving licence (with less than 3 points)
What Victoria Knight Can Offer You
Victoria Knight is committed to providing a working situation where all members of the team can enjoy their work and thrive both personally and professionally. We encourage each person to move up the career ladder and ensure that there is plenty of opportunity to move forward and progress when ready.
We encourage those with experience in sales and/or property industries to consider Lettings Negotiator jobs, but this experience is not essential. It is more important that a candidate has excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to providing good customer service.Apply now →